On the bank of a river lies the naked body of a murdered girl. At the nearby high school, one of the students boasts to Matt (Reeves) and his friends that he killed her. Drunk and stoned, the doubting teens venture to the river only to discover that he is in fact telling the truth. They decide to form a wall of secrecy, but Matt (Reeves) is uncomfortable about their silence and has to decide between exposing the criminal and keeping quiet for the rest of his life.
Based on the horrific real-life murder of a young Californian girl, this powerful portrait of disaffected youth stars Keanu Reeves (The Matrix trilogy), Crispin Glover (Charlie’s Angels) and Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider) in a tale that is chilling to witness.
- High Definition transfer
- Audio commentary with director Tim Hunter
- Filmed introduction with Richard Linklater (2015)
- Richard Linklater Q&A (2015): the director of Boyhood discusses River’s Edge with Lars Nilsen at the Austin Film Society
- Original theatrical trailer
- [DVD Specs] 1986, 96 minutes, 1.85:1 (16:9 anamorphic), colour, PAL, DVD9, English HoH subtitles