After World War III is over, all life in the northern hemisphere is wiped out. Only the inhabitants of Australia, along with the crew of the US submarine Sawfish, survive. But when the Sawfish goes on an exploratory journey to assess the atmosphere, it soon becomes apparent that the end is near for everyone.
Acclaimed Hollywood film-maker Stanley Kramer (Inherit the Wind, Judgement at Nuremberg) directs an all-star cast which includes Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner and Fred Astaire, along with Anthony Perkins and Donna Anderson as the young parents who must make a terrible decision, in one the most powerful films of all time.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition transfer
- Audio commentary written by On the Beach expert Dr. Philip Davey
- Making On the Beach (1959): rare 8mm amateur footage
- Donna Anderson Interview (2015): the actress discusses her time working with the cast and crew of On the Beach
- Stanley Kramer’s photo album (image gallery, optional captions)
- Original lobby cards (image gallery)
- Original theatrical trailer
- [DVD specs] 1959, 129 minutes, 1.66:1 (16:9 anamorphic), black & white, PAL, DVD9, English HoH subtitles