When the US military accidentally release a noxious substance that causes ‘death from instant old age’, everyone over twenty-five dies and the youth of America are left to their own devices to invent a new world order.
Fresh from bringing the late-60s counter-cultural explosion to the screen in The Trip, Roger Corman delivers his most ambitious and anarchic take on the ‘Love Generation’ yet – a free-wheeling blend of acid rock, far-out humour and psychedelic excess that faithfully captures the revolutionary spirit of its time.
- High Definition transfer
- The Guardian Interview with director Roger Corman (1970): archival interview conducted the day after work was completed on Gas-s-s-s
- The Guardian Interview with director Roger Corman (1991): the legendary director returns to the NFT to discuss his career
- Counter-Culture Corman (2015): newly-produced documentary featuring interviews with Roger Corman, Ted Newsom and Chris Poggiali
- Lobby cards, press book and stills gallery
- Original theatrical trailer
- 1970, 79 minutes, 1.78:1, colour, 1080p, 24fps, English HoH subtitles